|Best Overall||Apple Watch Band – Sport Loop||Check Price||
Made by Apple itself, the Sport Loop is breathable, lightweight, and available in tons of cool colors.
|Best Value||OYODSS 5 Pack Bands Compatible with Apple Watch||Check Price||
Get five great soft silicone bands in unique colors at less than 14 dollars total.
|Best Slim||Band STIROLL Slim Leather Bands||Check Price||
Those with smaller wrists can rejoice with these elegant and slim leather bands great for daily use.
If you own (or are thinking about buying) an Apple Watch, you’re going to want a band that fits you well, feels comfortable, and matches the occasion. This is one of the best parts of having an Apple Watch—it can be versatile enough to wear on a run, to an important business meeting, or even at an upscale event.
While Apple itself offers a few different designs, there are tons of other brands out there delivering quality wristband products. That said, some are better than others, and we’ve done the research so you don’t have to. Check out some of our favorites and choose the one (or ones) best for you:
- Best Overall: Apple Watch Band – Sport Loop
- Best Value: OYODSS 5 Pack Bands Compatible with Apple Watch
- Best Designer Band: Kate Spade New York Interchangeable Silicone Band
- Best Slim Band: STIROLL Slim Leather Bands
- Best Stainless Steel: iiteeology Apple Watch Band
How We Picked the Products
As a product reviewer, I researched the options on the market, read customers reviews, and took these factors into consideration when choosing recommendations for best Apple Watch bands:
- Material: I included a variety of materials here, because they will have a direct effect on how you plan to use your watch band. Silicone and nylon fabrics are great for breathability when you are exerting effort, exercising for example, while leather and stainless steel are a step-up for the more fashion-forward Apple Watch wearer.
- Brand: You’ll see both big name brands (Apple, Kate Spade) and smaller brands you may never have heard of on this list. That’s because they’ve all proven themselves to create high-quality products that will last and stay secure on your wrist.
- Design: I have included a wide array of styles here, so that you can choose the pick that suits you best. Some people prefer a simple sporty style, while others need options for special occasions, and yet others want something more delicate or substantial.
The Best Apple Watch Bands: Reviews and Recommendations
Best Overall: Apple Watch Band – Sport Loop
Official Apple Strap
This strap, made by Apple itself, is lightweight, breathable, and stylish. Apple
Why It Made The Cut: When you buy directly from Apple, you know it’s going to result in a perfect fit. That’s the case with the Sport Loop strap, which is also comfortable and moisture-wicking—ideal for both sports or regular outings.
- Colors: 22 designs, including Charcoal, Maize/White, Vitamin C, Pride Edition, Sunflower, and Cream
- Strap sizes: 41mm to 45mm
- Dimensions: 11.5 x 2.91 x 0.47 inches
- Made by Apple Watch manufacturers
- Constructed from high-quality materials
- Attachment loops securely anchored for greater durability
- Not everyone likes the feel of nylon weave
- On the pricier side, aligned with most Apple pricing
The Apple Watch Band Sport Loop is a great option for those looking for an everyday band that can be used for different occasions. Since it is an official Apple strap, it meshes perfectly well with the watch face.
It features a hook-and-loop fastener which makes it easy for you to adjust for your wrist size. The double-nylon weave has dense loops on the side that touches your skin for increased cushioning and softness. The breathable weave allows moisture to escape, making it comfortable on a hot day or during a jog or other exercise. The band is durable, and the 41-mm strap is compatible with the 38- and 40-mm cases, while the 45-mm band works with 42- or 44-mm cases.
Best Value: OYODSS 5 Pack Bands Compatible with Apple Watch
This five-pack of Apple Watch bands are super affordable and comfortable. They come in unique color schemes so you can mix and match most days of the week. OYODSS
Why It Made The Cut: We love that OYODSS offers five unique, durable, and neutral-colored wristbands for a budget-friendly price.
- Colors: Six different 5-packs in an array of colors, including Pink Sand, Stone, Lavender Gray, Wine Red, and Cactus
- Strap sizes: Available in 38mm/40mm (Small) and 42mm/44mm (Large)
- Material: Soft silicone
- Multiple sizes available
- Color schemes allow you to choose a different color for different days of the week
- Silicone is soft and prevents skin irritation
- Comes with just the bands, not the matching watch cases
If you’re looking for a few options to strap on your Apple Watch for a budget-friendly price, OYODSS 5 Pack Bands are the perfect option for you. Made from a soft and durable silicone material that is comfortable on your skin, the bands are available in five different colors, so you can choose the ones that work best for you.
The bands come with watch lugs on both ends to lock onto the watch interface securely and accurately. They feature a TPU buckle, a safety fastener, and the material itself is breathable. Plus, these come in multiple sizes and are a steal for five bands.
Best Designer Band: Kate Spade New York Interchangeable Silicone Band
Chic and Polished
Kate Spade’s Silicone Bands offer a wide array of chic prints made with top-notch silicone, genuine leather, and stainless-steel bands. Kate Spade New York
Why It Made The Cut: Kate Spade’s Silicone Bands for the Apple Watch are a perfect way to add a high-fashion touch to your tech-forward lifestyle.
- Colors: Black Floral, Black Scallop, Black/Polka Dot, Black/White Dot, Jelly Floral, Leopard, Multi, Pink, White/Black Dot, White/Blue Floral
- Strap size: 38/40 mm
- Band width: 25 mm
- Designer brand
- Array of designs ranging from a simple band to a bracelet-y feel
- Compatible with Series 1-6 Apple Watches
- Packaged beautifully for a great gift
Sometimes the Apple Watch can feel a tad too techy for fashionistas to wear on special occasions or with chic outfits. If this sounds like it may be your case (or someone you know), you can now tone the technology down by adding a designer brand. Kate Spade’s Bands feature a wide array of options that are all fun, flirty, and chic.
The bands are made with silicone, leather, and/or stainless steel, and are built to last. The buckles and closures will fit securely onto any Series (1 through 6) Apple Watch. The Kate Spade bands are interchangeable and custom fitted for 38- and 40-mm watches.
Best Slim Band: STIROLL Slim Leather Bands
The STIROLL Slim Leather Bands are made with top-quality leather that won’t fall off. STIROLL
Why It Made The Cut: These watch bands beat out the best option for Apple Watch owners with small wrists who are looking for something elegant and durable.
- Colors: 38 colors, including combinations with Beige, Black, Rose Gold, and Tiffany Blue
- Strap sizes: 38/40 mm and 42/44 mm
- Dimensions: 5.9 x 3.9 x 0.6 inches
- Tons of color options and combinations
- Neat, high-quality stitching
- Genuine leather is comfortable for daily wear
- Affordable price point
- Geared toward customers with smaller wrists
For those with smaller wrists or those who simply prefer a thinner, lighter wristband, the STIROLL Slim Leather Band is a great option. These bands are genuine leather, feel soft and comfortable, and feature a special rendering technology that prevents the material and color from fading. There are lots of color combos to choose from, most of which are neutral to be paired with any professional outfit.
They also feature a special shape to latch perfectly onto the Apple Watch face, have neat stitching for an elegant and smooth look, and a buckle to fit securely on your wrist. The bands are nonslip, durable, breathable, and odorless. They are available in two sizes and are compatible with Apple Watches Series 1 through 6.
Best Stainless Steel: iiteeology Apple Watch Band
The iiteeology Apple Watch Band features an upgraded screw-free design, comes in 10 lovely colors, aat an affordable price. iiteeology
Why It Made The Cut: We appreciate how the iiteeology Apple Watch Band offers its own take on a more traditional stainless steel watch that won’t weigh you down.
- Colors: Black, Blue, Red, Rose Gold, Rose Pink, Silver, Space Gray, Yellow Gold, Bright Silver, & Jet Black
- Strap Size: 38/40/41 mm, 42/44/45 mm
- Item Weight: 0.14 pounds
- Upgraded design has a built-in connector for secure attachment
- Links can be removed for a custom fit
- Light enough for daily use
- Brand ensures hassle-free replacement or refund within first 3 months
- Some people complain that adjusting the links is not the easiest
If you want your Apple Watch to mirror the more traditional watches of the past, a stainless steel band may be just what you are looking for. The iiteeology Apple Watch Band comes in two sizes and ten colors with a brushed surface.
The brand has improved upon its old design with an upgrade that features a built-in connector that replaces the screws of the past, meaning you won’t have to worry about small pieces falling off. While the design is meant to look large and chunkier than other types of watch bands, it is actually only 0.2-mm thick and weighs just 0.14 pounds, meaning you won’t feel like you are carrying around a big piece of equipment. Finally, the brand promises a hassle-free replacement band or a refund if you have any issues within the first three months of buying.
Things to Consider Before Buying an Apple Watch Band
If you’ve made the decision to buy an Apple Watch, you’re going to want to make sure it’s protected and secure on your wrist. That’s why you shouldn’t necessarily buy any old watch band you see.
Think about the above points—material, brand, and design—but also consider sizing. You’ll see that there are various sizes offered in most wristbands, so make sure it aligns with that of your Apple Watch. Same goes with the Apple Watch series—there are currently six series—triple-check that the wristband is compatible with yours.
Finally, take some time to consider your lifestyle. If you’re happy alternating between bands, you may want to have an option for work, another option for workouts, and still another for special occasions. Luckily, many of the bands are not too expensive, so it’s worth it to have a few bands instead of just one.
Q: How much does an Apple Watch band cost?
If you choose to buy a watch band directly from Apple, you’ll see that they can range from $40 to a few hundred bucks.
Q: How do I make my apple watch band not smell?
First, check the instructions on your Apple Watch band, because there may be different ways to clean your band depending on its material. That said, if you are experiencing a foul odor in a silicone band, first wipe it with a nonabrasive, lint-free cloth. You may want to dampen the cloth just a little bit with water. Make sure you dry it before reattaching it to the Apple Watch face.
Q: Should you sleep with your Apple Watch?
Generally speaking, sleeping near or with any sort of technology can expose you to radiation. That said, Apple Watches have relatively low electromagnetic frequency (EMF) levels, making them pretty safe to sleep with.
If you’re investing in an Apple Watch, you’ll want to make sure the wristband aligns with your needs and your style. If you want an official brand from Apple itself, we recommend the Apple Watch Band – Sport Loop. For a great value, check out the OYODSS 5 Pack Bands Compatible with Apple Watch, and if you are in need of a thin band, go for the STIROLL Slim Leather Bands.