|Best Overall||Dixperfect Women's One Piece||Check Price||
This low-cut, scooped back will be your next staple item because it’s versatile enough to wear in and out of the water.
|Best Value||Ekouaer Vintage Tummy Control Swimwear||Check Price||
Feel confident with this piece that offers the right amount of adjustability along with side and front ruching for a slimming look.
|Best for Athletes||Speedo Women's Endurance+ Flyback Swimsuit||Check Price||
Swim faster and longer with Speedo’s best-selling and exclusive performance technology.
It’s high time to retire that itsy-bitsy yellow polka-dot bikini. The crowds at the pool and the beach have spoken, and they’re shifting toward a new trend: one-piece bathing suits. These suits are not only stylish, but they are also flattering on all body types. Whether you’re looking for a sexy cut-out monokini or a more modest swimsuit, there’s an option for you.
And just because summer’s ending doesn’t mean you have to hide away your new stockpile…one-piece swimsuits can be revamped from the beach into your daily wardrobe as a bodysuit! Pair it with a pair of boyfriend jeans or a skirt and you’ve got yourself a new outfit. Check out some of our favorites below.
- Best Overall: Dixperfect Women’s One Piece
- Best Value: Ekouaer Vintage Tummy Control Swimwear
- Best Plus Size: Coastal Blue Women’s Plus Size One Piece Swimsuit
- Best Cut-Out: Meyeeka Womens Cut Out Monokini
- Best for Athletes: Speedo Women’s Endurance+ Flyback Swimsuit
How We Picked the Products
As a fashionista myself, I wanted to be sure to offer multiple trendy options that appeal to different body types and style preferences as well as one more functional pick. Some of the criteria I took into consideration are as follows:
- Material: A good swimsuit offers flexibility and is stain-resistant. These options fit the bill with a mix of nylon, spandex, and polyester.
- Style Options: When possible, I chose brands that offered a variety of colors, prints, and designs. Buying a swimsuit is a personal choice, so you should be able to choose what you most feel comfortable in.
- Multipurpose Functionality: These suits are not only appropriate for a beach vacation, but also as a possible addition to your daily wardrobe. Some options do this by easily doubling as a bodysuit.
- Price: While these are certainly not high-end designer options, they are quality picks that come in at accessible prices in the $13 to $60 range.
The Best One-Piece Swimsuits: Reviews and Recommendations
Best Overall: Dixperfect Women’s One Piece Swimwear
Why It Made The Cut: This suit is designed to be sleek, simple, and sexy for any body type.
- Sizing: S–XXL (or 32C–40DD)
- Colors: 37 unique colors and prints, including black, white, mango, multicolor stripe, and various animal prints
- Material: Nylon, Spandex
- 18 percent Spandex provides just the right amount of stretch
- Lots of solid colors and patterns to choose from
- Certified Standard 100 by OEKO-TEX®, which tests for harmful substances
- Is both low-cut and cheeky
The Dixperfect Women’s One-Piece Swimsuit makes a great addition to any closet. With more than 3,000 5-star Amazon reviews, this bathing suit is essentially the equivalent of a TikTok viral video.
People love the versatility of this suit—since it’s a basic piece, you can wear it as is on your upcoming beach trip, jazz it up with a sarong at a pool party, or use it as a shirt with jeans and a jacket for a dinner outing. That said, those that are looking for a more modest suit with full coverage ought to take note that this little number is low-cut in the front, has a scooped bare-back, and is quite cheeky in the booty (in other words —it’s sexy!).
The brand offers fairly inclusive sizing at S to XXL, and you may want to choose a size up if you have a long torso or a full chest. Go sort through the dozens of the prints available and soak up the sun!
Best Value: Ekouaer Vintage Tummy Control Swimwear
Why It Made The Cut: With a hint of nostalgia, this swimsuit brings the ’40s back into style with a flattering cut that caters to everyone.
- Sizing: S–XXL
- Colors: 10 prints and 2 styles (Pinup and High Neck with Skirt)
- Material: Polyester, Spandex
- Machine washable and stain resistant
- Adjustable drawstring allows for a perfect fit in the chest area
- Halter pin-up style is only available in prints
Ekouaer’s Vintage Tummy Control Swimwear does just that. It creates a flattering silhouette and slims down your figure in the belly area by having perfectly positioned side and front ruching. The adjustable drawstring and halter top allow you to tailor the fit to your body. Plus, the retro swimsuit features a removable padded bra, which you can use as you see fit.
Ekouaer also offers a second design, which has a high neck and a skirt. This adorable monokini is perfect if you’re looking for a bit more coverage, while still being flirty and fun—it has underwire and a peek-a-boo panel that shows some skin as well as a circular cut-out back.
There’s really no downside to trying out one—or multiple—prints or styles of this swimsuit. At less than $20, it’s one of the most economical options we’ve seen on the market.
Best Plus Size: Coastal Blue Women’s Plus Size One Piece Swimsuit
Why It Made The Cut: We love Coastal Blue’s unique prints and shapes, so you can have your pick based on how you’d prefer to flaunt your figure!
- Sizing: 16–18 Plus to 24–26 Plus
- Colors: 9 different style of suits in prints and solid colors, including black jungle, ebony, piscina, raisin, and snake skin
- Material: Nylon, Spandex, Polyester
- Inclusive sizing
- Bra cups offer extra support
- Fits true to size
- Different designs have different fits
- No underwire for larger-breasted women
Coastal Blue’s plus-size one piece is designed to accommodate the tastes and styles of every woman. The options are made from a blend of nylon, spandex, and polyester, forming a breathable and comfortable swimsuit. That said, different designs will fit differently, with one reviewer noting that while the first pick wasn’t right for her body, the second pick was an absolute winner.
Another feature that sets these bathing suits apart is soft bra cups—without underwire— which provide some additional support. That said, they might not provide enough support for women with larger chests. Follow the brand’s instructions on how to self-measure to find the right size for you.
Best Cut Out: Meyeeka Womens Cut Out Monokini
Why It Made The Cut: This swimsuit is essentially a hybrid between a one-piece and a bikini with its large cutout. Its construction and accessible price lands puts it at the top of our list.
- Sizing: S–XL (4–6 to 10–12)
- Colors: 26 options, including tie-dye, yellow, red, rosy, black, flag, and army green
- Material: Nylon, Spandex
- Adjustable spaghetti strap for a personalized fit
- Fabric dries quickly
- High waist is flattering on the belly
- Sizing is not so inclusive
If you’re looking for a sexy cut-out swimsuit, the Meyeeka Womens Cut Out Monokini is a perfect option. It’s simple enough to be added to any outfit, while also adorable as a stand-alone piece. It is available in 26 different solid and print colors, with some options that feature a mix of a solid top and print bottom.
The swimsuit is made with nylon and spandex, which allows for flexibility as well as a quick dry. The waist is high, hitting at or above the belly button, which creates a slimming effect. Another significant feature of this monokini is that the spaghetti straps can be adjusted, allowing you to find the perfect fit for your height and body type.
The only issue we see with this product is that the sizing is not very inclusive, so if you’re looking for a suit that’s smaller than a size 4 or larger than a 12, you’ll have to look elsewhere.
Best for Athletes: Speedo Women’s Endurance+ Flyback Swimsuit
Why It Made The Cut: If you’ve ever participated on a swim team or taken lessons as a kid, chances are you’ve seen this style from Speedo. It’s still a fan-favorite thanks to its special Endurance+ fabric that offers four-way stretch, chlorine resistance, and durability for continued use swim season after swim season.
- Sizing: 20–40 (check sizing chart for equivalents in S/M/L terminology)
- Colors: 65+ options, including navy/blue, black/orange, b-eta Speedo green, and spark maroon/black
- Material: Polyester, PBT (texturized polyester with stretch similar to Spandex)
- Endurance+ fabric specially made for training and racing
- Internationally recognized brand that has mastered swimwear
- Lasts longer than the average swimsuit
- Some buyers confused by sizing chart and need to order multiple sizes to find the best fit
If you’re a competitive swimmer looking for a suit designed for training and competing, the Speedo’s Women’s Endurance+ Flyback Swimsuit is a great option. The leading swimwear brand has crafted a best-selling and exclusive performance technology in its Endurance+ material. The Endurance+ line features a four-way stretch that helps the suit maintain its shape after repeated use, and the Flyback design offers support and freedom to move around in and out of the pool. It’s also chlorine- and pilling-resistant, the color lasts longer regardless of heavy pool use, and it comes with a high-cut leg that’s ideal for racing.
This Speedo bathing suit is meant to fit snugly in order to reduce any instances of drag in the pool and also provides compression for additional muscle support. That said, if you prefer a looser fit, you may want to size up. There have been instances of buyers who are confused by Speedo’s sizing charts, so if you’re new to the swimwear brand, you may want to consider buying multiple sizes and returning the ones that don’t fit perfectly.
Things to Consider Before Buying a One-Piece Swimsuit
Whenever you choose a new piece of clothing to add to your wardrobe, you should focus on how it makes you feel. If you feel most confident in a sexy cut-out, go for it! If more coverage brings about that sense of confidence, focus your search there.
That said, whichever design you choose, you should look out for the criteria I previously mentioned. Enduring construction will help you avoid having to buy a new suit after each season, materials are key for comfort and durability, functionality will help you make use of the suit even after the summer season is over, and of course… price. Think about how much you are willing to spend on a suit while still ensuring you get the quality you need.
Q: What is a 1 piece bathing suit called?
A one-piece bathing suit can be called just that (a one-piece) but also a monokini, which sometimes references a more modern suit that may feature halter tops, cut-outs, or other unique designs.
Q: Why do swimmers wear one piece?
This will depend on who you speak to. Some swimmers prefer a one piece because they appreciate a more modest look with more coverage. Others like that one-pieces are currently in style, with famous celebrities sporting them on almost a daily basis. Finally, most athletes prefer one-pieces to swim or dive in as they reduce friction and drag in the water, allowing them to reach higher speeds in the water (plus, they are way less likely to fall off!).
Q: What color swimsuit is the most slimming?
The rule of thumb with color is that black—and other darker colors—tends to elongate the torso while hiding places that we don’t want to flaunt. Vertical stripes and a ruched design can also achieve this appearance. You should feel comfortable and confident in your swimsuit, so play around with your favorite colors and styles and choose the one that feels best for you.
There are plenty of one-piece swimsuit options on the market today. If you’re looking for a stylish go-to piece that can be worn even outside of the summer season, look no further than the Dixperfect Women’s One Piece. If swimming is your sport and you need something that will last and improve your performance, the Speedo Women’s Endurance+ Flyback Swimsuit has got you covered.