|Best Overall||The FootMate System Foot Massager & Scrubber||Check Price||
An excellent suction system, two types of bristles, and a specially-formulated cleansing gel make for an excellent all-in-one pick.
|Best Value||LOVE, LORI Foot Scrubber||Check Price||
This scrubber mat includes raised acupuncture massage points and hundreds of silicone bristles for a deep cleansing effect. .
|Best Sandal-Style||Meidong Foot Scrubber||Check Price||
Featuring more than 1,000 nylon bristles and a built-in pumice stone, this sandal-style foot scrubber suits most users.
While the idea of a monthly pedicure may be appealing, there isn’t always room for it in the budget. That’s where home foot care products come in. A scrubber mat—also known as a shower foot scrubber—adheres to the surface of your tub or shower and allows you to thoroughly cleanse your feet without bending or contorting and risking a fall. They’re great for those with physical limitations or mobility issues such as the elderly, pregnant people, and those suffering from injuries. Using a foot scrubber has a number of benefits, including increased circulation, softer skin, and even reduced foot pain.
With so many scrubber mats on the market, choosing one can be overwhelming. We’ll break down what to look for when shopping for the best scrubber mat for your bathroom and discuss the key features to keep in mind as you consider your purchase. Keep reading for tips on choosing the best scrubber mat, and then explore our picks for the best options on the market.
- Best Overall: The FootMate System Foot Massager & Scrubber
- Best Value: Love, Lori Foot Scrubber
- Best Sandal-Style: Meidong Foot Scrubber
- Best Large: HiSpirit Foot Scrubber
- Best Small: Soapy Soles Foot Scrubbing Pad & Massager
How We Chose These Products
While it’s easy to assume that all scrubber mats offer similar performance, a number of factors affect their functionality. These recommendations for the best scrubber mats cover a variety of sizes and styles to best suit your needs.
Our curated selection was developed based on several years of experience testing and reviewing home products as well as extensive product research. After considering over 20 potential options of varying styles and sizes, we narrowed down our choices to five top products. We weighed a number of practical considerations when making our recommendations:
- Bristle Material: Most scrubber mats use plastic or silicone bristles that aren’t negatively impacted by moisture and can be cleaned easily. Some models feature bristles of varying densities in order to offer different levels of exfoliation.
- Suction: All scrubber mats should feature a suctioning mechanism to help them securely adhere to the surface of your tub or shower. A strong suction system is essential to prevent accidents.
- Exfoliation: All scrubber mats provide some level of exfoliation, but some models perform better than others. Some come with a replaceable pumice stone that provides added exfoliation.
- Massage Effects: While all scrubber mats should provide a pleasant, soothing sensation, some models feature raised acupuncture points to create a more dynamic massage effect.
- Soap Solution: While most scrubber mats are designed to be used with any type of soap or shower gel, some come with a specially formulated soap solution as an added bonus.
- Antibacterial Properties: Since scrubber mats are designed to clean your feet, it’s important that they have an antibacterial quality to prevent the buildup of bacteria and the spread of disease.
The Best Scrubber Mats: Reviews and Recommendations
Best Overall: The FootMate System Foot Massager & Scrubber
Why It Made The Cut: The FootMate System Foot Massager & Scrubber not only offers deep cleaning and a massage effect but also comes with a specially-formulated cleansing gel that’s safe to use on your whole body.
- Type: Foot scrubber
- Surface dimensions: 9.25 x 13.75 inches
- Material: Plastic
- Includes specially formulated cleansing gel
- Features a mix of soft and stiff bristles
- Contoured to fit the shape of your feet
- Small surface area
The FootMate System cleanses, exfoliates, and massages and comes with a specially formulated gel. It uses over 11,000 bristles; the soft inner bristles gently cleanse the most sensitive areas of your feet while the stiff outer bristles exfoliate and remove dead skin cells. While many scrubber mats are flat, this model is designed to contour the natural shape of your feet. Suction cups secure the scrubber to any flat surface in your shower or tub and an anti-skid base prevents accidents.
The brand’s Rejuvenating Gel is formulated to cleanse and condition the skin on your feet but can also be used as a body wash. It’s made with natural ingredients such as tea tree oil, aloe, and vitamin E and is free of parabens, synthetic fragrances, petrolatum, and phthalates. The scrubber features a mildew-resistant retrieval rope that allows users to remove it from the shower with ease.
Best Value: Love, Lori Foot Scrubber
Why It Made The Cut: Love, Lori’s scrubber mat features hundreds of flexible bristles as well as raised acupuncture massage points and comes at an affordable price.
- Type: Scrubber mat
- Surface dimensions: 10 x 10 inches
- Material: Silicone
- Flexible silicone bristles
- Provides acupuncture massage
- Features loop to hang dry
- Standard size may be too small for some users
This scrubber mat from Love, Lori features hundreds of flexible silicone bristles as well as raised mounds for a more intense massage effect. These raised areas are designed to match up with your foot’s acupuncture points in order to provide a holistic massage experience. Non-slip suction cups securely affix the mat to the floor of your shower or tub, and its large flat surface area allows you to stand on it with both feet.
Choose from four colors to best suit your preference: blue, pink, white, and gray. The standard version measures 10 inches by 10 inches, while the extra-large version is a great upgrade for those with large feet, measuring 13.75 inches by 12.5 inches. It includes a loop at the top so that it can be easily hung to dry in order to prevent mold and mildew.
Best Sandal-Style: Meidong Foot Scrubber
Why It Made The Cut: Meidong’s sandal-style foot scrubber features over 1,000 nylon bristles that cleanse and massage both the top and bottom of your feet.
- Type: Sandal-style
- Surface dimensions: 11.2 x 5.3 inches
- Material: Nylon bristles and plastic
- Features bristles for the tops and bottoms of your feet
- Includes pumice stone for added exfoliation
- Drainage holes prevent water from pooling
- Size may not be suitable for all users
- Pumice not replaceable
Sandal-style foot scrubbers adhere to flat surfaces but also have a top strap to keep your foot in place. This model from Meidong features over 1,000 soft nylon bristles as well as a pumice stone at the heel for removing calluses. The nylon material is incredibly resilient and always bounces back into shape even after many uses. There are even bristles on the underside of the strap to cleanse and massage the tops of your feet. The sole features a number of holes for ideal drainage to prevent water from pooling. Six strong suction cups mean that it won’t budge once adhered to a flat surface.
One downside is that with measurements of 11.2 inches by 5.3 inches, it may not be large enough to suit those with larger feet. It’s important to note that the listing is for a single sandal-style scrubber, not a pair, but one is sufficient for most users.
Best Large: HiSpirit Foot Scrubber
Why It Made The Cut: This large scrubber mat is made from vinyl and can be used in the tub or shower to prevent falls or can be used as a bath mat.
- Type: Bath mat-style
- Surface dimensions: 14 x 25 inches
- Material: Vinyl
- Large size
- Features drainage holes
- Prevents falls in the shower
- Doesn’t provide deep exfoliation
While some scrubber mats are only large enough to fit one or two feet, others are sized more like bath mats. This model from HiSpirit measures 14 inches by 25 inches, so while it’s designed to work inside the tub or shower, it’s also big enough to actually replace your bath mat. With its 92 individual suction cups, it can act as an anti-slip mat in the shower for those with balance issues. The flat surface features a central drain that water drains through easily.
The entire mat is constructed from vinyl material and the bristles have a soft, grasslike texture. Choose from three colors: clear, blue, or hot pink. It’s important to note that the mat should be placed on a smooth, flat surface and may not be compatible with certain types of tile.
Best Small: Soapy Soles Foot Scrubbing Pad
Why It Made The Cut: This scrubbing pad from Soapy Soles is designed to perfectly fit the size of your foot, featuring a compact design that includes 1,500 vinyl bristles.
- Type: Scrubbing pad
- Surface dimensions: 11 x 6 inches
- Material: Polyvinyl
- 1,500 vinyl bristles
- Liquid soap sample included
- Compact design
- Size may not be suitable for all users
A full-size scrubber mat may not work in all bathrooms. If you have a smaller space or don’t want your scrubber mat to be permanently left in place, consider a compact foot scrubber like this one from Soapy Soles. While it doesn’t take up much space, it does feature 1,500 vinyl bristles which both clean and exfoliate. The pad is shaped like a foot and is designed to contour comfortably to yours.
While it’s designed to stick securely to flat, nonporous surfaces, it may not be compatible with all shower floors. To clean the scrubber, simply rinse thoroughly with warm water and allow to air dry. Because of its compact size at 11 inches by 6 inches, this model may not be suitable for users with larger feet. A small one-ounce sample of liquid soap is included with each purchase.
Things to Consider Before Buying a Scrubber Mat
Choosing a scrubber mat might seem like a simple decision, but there are actually some details to consider before you make a purchase.
Scrubber mats come in several different styles, each of which have their own advantages.
- Bath mat-style scrubber mats are designed to sit either inside or outside your tub or shower and are similar in size to a standard bath mat. While they work to clean and exfoliate your feet, they have the added benefit of preventing falls in the tub by covering a large surface area.
- Standard scrubber mats are sized to fit either one or both of your feet. They are compact and effective, making them the most popular style on the market.
- Sandal-style scrubber mats slide onto your foot and feature a strap to hold your foot securely in place. They often feature bristles on the underside of the strap in order to clean and exfoliate the top of your feet. One downside to this style is that they are one-size-fits-all and may not be large enough for users with bigger feet.
Size and Shape
Scrubber mats vary in both size and shape. While some people prefer a large scrubber mat that covers the entire central area of their tub or shower floor, others may not enjoy the sensation of standing on the mat for the entire duration of their shower. Size is of particular concern for those with larger feet because some smaller scrubber mats might not be able to accommodate them. Some scrubber mats are rectangular while others are contoured to fit the shape of one or two feet.
Q:When is the best time to exfoliate your feet?
The best time to exfoliate your skin is either in the shower or bath or immediately after bathing. This is because wet skin is softer and less likely to be scratched or torn.
Q:What is a scrubber mat used for?
A scrubber mat deep-cleans your feet in the shower while simultaneously offering exfoliation and an enjoyable massage effect. It’s a great tool for those with mobility issues, such as those suffering from back injuries, pregnant people, and the elderly, because it allows them to clean their feet thoroughly without bending or twisting.
After reviewing our guide, you should feel well-informed when shopping for a scrubber mat for your tub or shower. We recommend The FootMate System Foot Massager & Scrubber as our top pick because of its versatile design, dual-bristle system, and included cleansing gel. We think those on a budget will appreciate the Love, Lori Foot Scrubber because of its outstanding performance and affordable price.